Monday, June 6, 2011

Childhood memories (Indonesian rice pudding)

Yaw...have you ever try this one ? A traditional Indonesian dessert, made from rice flour and coconut milk with palm sugar syrup. Trust me, it's a must try !

(Homemade) Bubur sumsum

When I was a kid, my mum used to make this for her kids. Cheap, easy, simple and delish dessert, and we all still love it until now. So, this dish really remind me of my childhood. Not to mention that I love simple cooking. Recipes that don't have an excessive number of steps. :D

But if  I don't have time to make this, I can find the seller easily right in front of my house, every morning. Ohhh...lucky me, living in this beautiful country with many delicious foods (ssshhh...don't mention about the corruption in our government, shameful and my blog is also forbidden for politics !). Okay everyone, don't hesitate to make this pudding, the one you'll never regret !

Bubur sumsum / Indonesian rice pudding

Ingredients :

Pudding :
- 100 gr rice flour
- 650 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pandan leaves

Syrup :
- 250 gr palm/coconut sugar, shaved
- 250 ml water
- 1 pandan leaf

How to :
1. Pudding : mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Don't forget, keep stirring the mixture and boil until the mixture become thicken like thick cream. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
2. Syrup : combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir well until palm/coconut sugar dissolved. Remove from the heat. Sieve the syrup and keep aside.
3. Serve : ladle the pudding mixture into glass then pour the syrup on top.

(Homemade) Bubur sumsum / Indonesian rice pudding

Bahasa Indonesia

Bahan :

Bubur sumsum :
- 100 gr tepung beras
- 650 ml santan
- 1 sdt garam
- 2 daun pandan
Saus :
- 250 gr gula merah, keruk halus
- 250 mlair
- 1 daun pandan

Cara :
1. Bubur : Campur semua bahan jadi satu, harus benar2 licin supaya nanti tidak menggumpal2, lalu masak diatas api sedang sambil diaduk hingga mendidih dan meletup-letup.
2. Saus : masak semua bahan hingga gula larut, lalu saring.
3. Hidangkan : sendokan bubur ke gelas lalu tuangkan saus.


Enjoy....

To read behind the scene story click here.

4 comments:

  1. This Javanese version of rice pudding is one of my faves. Are you using palm sugar or coconut sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Pepy ! Your question made me think about the brown sugar. I think it's coconut sugar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my favorite indonesian desserts, Mbak Tika! :) i want some!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...